Why use a location based
social media platform? Sounds kinda creepy that other people can see where you
are, right? Well when used properly, they can be pretty awesome. My favorite
location based platform is FourSquare.
Now, I have been dating someone for almost a year now and living in Logan doesn’t
give us the most options for our date nights. For the first part of our
relationship, we pretty much went to every restaurant in town and wasted a
bunch of money on going to the movie theater at least once a week. After a
while, we ran out of ideas. One day, I was on Facebook and saw one of my
friends had mentioned the FourSquare app. Ever since then, the app has helped
us to come up with fun, creative stuff to do wherever we are.
So, just to explain,
FourSquare is a social media site that provides a way for you to know of things
that you might be interested in around your area. Wikipedia explains it as an
app that “takes into account the places a user goes, the things they have told
the app that they like, and the other users whose advice they trust, FourSquare
provides recommendations of the places to go around a user’s current location.”
For an example, when I first got the app, I put that I’m interested in sushi,
movies, and fun date nights. The app then gave me a list of places to go,
including customer reviews for each place. Pretty cool right? So next time you’re
having issues finding something to do with your friends or on a date, try out
the FourSquare app and see if you like it!
Location based platforms
are not only beneficial for its users, but for businesses. On the GOBABL blog,
they claim that there are five benefits that location based platforms give to
businesses: (1) It helps to find new customers and expand your audience, (2)
Increases brand awareness with less budget, (3) Learn about your audience
easily, (4) Get instant customer feedback, and (5) It helps target audiences
more effectively. These benefits can significantly help small, less known businesses
become visible on the map of their consumers.
Sources:
I had no idea what foursquare was before this post. Legitimately. I like how you mentioned that it would be a great tool for couples to use instead of spending money.
ReplyDeleteI have a foursquare but haven't really used it so thanks for the ideas! I also liked how brought in the business side of location based platforms. Nice to see your personal feel a well as professional ideas about location based platforms.
ReplyDelete